Norfolk: January 22-24, 2020
Houston: January 28-30, 2020
Richmond: February 5-7, 2020
Minneapolis: February 11-13, 2020
Agile product management is our speciality, so we're thrilled to be teaching the newest addition to the SAFe curriculum. And our roots in SAFe go deep — our company was founded by Luke Hohmann, now Principal Consultant at Scaled Agile.
Why you should choose Applied Frameworks:
- Our expertise is based on leading real-world SAFe transformations
- Our trainers are certified SAFe Program Consultants
- Our courses use hands-on activities to promote learning
Meet your trainers: Kim Poremski, Jay Pober, & John Mulligan
Kim Poremski combines her decades of IT, business analysis, and management experience with over a decade of practical Agile application to fulfill her passion for teaching, coaching, and mentoring people in the ways of Agility and helping transform their respective organizations.
After devoting thirteen years working as a Business Systems Analyst, Kim was introduced to Agile and Scrum in 2008 and has been an advocate ever since. Prior to joining Applied Frameworks, Kim held both team level and leadership roles in many industries including insurance, investments, banking and healthcare sectors serving in engineering management, product management, training, mentoring and coaching capacities.
Kim received an undergraduate degree in Business Information Systems and a Master’s degree in Advanced Information Technology from Stevenson University. Kim is a Certified Scrum Practitioner, Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Scrum Product Owner, SAFe Program Consultant and Certified Conteneo Collaboration Instructor. She is a frequent speaker at local, regional and global Agile events.
Jay Pober joined Applied Frameworks in 2018 as a Principal Consultant where he teaches, mentors and coaches product leaders in strategic product development and guides organizations and teams in their Agile transformations.
Jay’s expertise spans Agile Product Management practices, Agile transformation efforts, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) implementations and product and design leadership. Jay’s passion for helping organizations transform is contagious and those who work with him will vouch for his energetic and fun approach to producing desired outcomes.
Before joining the firm, Jay was a Director of Software Development at Capital One for nine years. With more than 25 years of experience in technology, he has led teams of Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Developers in the delivery of Marketing, Fraud and Machine Learning products. Prior to Capital One, Jay worked at multiple Silicon Valley startups where he was a programmer, Project Manager, Technical Infrastructure Leader and Agile champion. Jay also worked at Goldman Sachs and Corning Clinical labs where he built their first CClink in Foxpro DOS!
Jay currently lives in Cherry Hill, NJ where he is honored to have a day named after him. He was a volunteer firefighter and after 9/11 he joined the military and provided human intelligence support to the Special Forces. Some commands included: DIA, ONI, CJSFTF-A/AP, and SOCCENT Cultural Engagement Group. Jay received his BS in International Finance with a concentration in Political Science from Rider University.
John Mulligan coaches, mentors, and teaches clients on how to focus on business agility and scaling Agile throughout the organization. Before joining the firm, John worked at Anthem and Capital One over a period of more than twenty years in a variety of roles focused on Agility, including Operations Manager, Development Manager, ScrumMaster, Product Owner, Certified Usability Analyst, Systems Analyst, Release Train Engineer, and Agile Coach. John has experience leading teams of software developers and operations professionals across a variety of system roles including Fraud Operations, Credit Cards, Installment Loans, Commercial Banking, and Healthcare Management.
John began his career as a US Navy Submarine officer serving as a Division Officer and Department Head on three fast attack nuclear submarines.
John received his BS in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Southern California, an MS in Applied Science from the Naval Postgraduate School, and an MBA from the University of Richmond. A native of Southern California, John relocated to Richmond, VA in 1995 after leaving the Navy, where he resides with his family and yellow Lab, Remi.
SAFe 4.6 APSM Course Description
The Agile Product and Solution Management three-day course (with SAFe® 4 APSM certification), allows you to discover the right mindset, skills, and tools you need to create successful products and solutions using Agile techniques. Learn how to use Design Thinking to create products and solutions that are:
- Desirable—what customers want
- Viable—profitable for you to build and sell
- Feasible—something you can realistically deliver
- Sustainable—something you can proactively manage to realize ROI
Attendees will recognize how Continuous Exploration fuels innovation and helps you define a vision, strategy, and roadmap to tap into new markets. Find out how to accelerate the product lifecycle to get fast feedback and quickly deliver exceptional products and solutions that delight customers—all while aligning with your organization’s strategy, portfolio, evolving architecture, and solution intent.
- Use Design Thinking to achieve desirable, feasible, and sustainable outcomes
- Explore market needs, segmentation, sizing, and competitive landscape
- Manage value stream economics, including pricing and licensing
- Use empathy to drive design
- Apply product strategy and vision
- Develop and evolve roadmaps
- Execute and deliver value using SAFe
- Explore innovation in the value stream
- Analyzing your role as a Product Manager in the Lean Enterprise
- Continuously exploring markets and users
- Driving strategy with market segmentation
- Using empathy to drive design
- Defining product strategy and vision
- Creating roadmaps to build solutions
- Delivering value
- Managing value stream economics
- Creating innovation in the value stream
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Product and Solution Management exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Who will benefit?
- Product managers and directors of product management
- Product marketing managers, project managers, Product Owners
- VP of Product Management, Business Owners, Business Analysts
- Product leaders collaborating with product management, architects, subject matter experts, and business line managers
- Attendees of this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending.
- A background in product or solution management is highly recommended.
- Those who have experience being a product manager, product marketer, product owner, business owner, or bringing products to market would benefit from this course.
- Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned
- Renewal Fee: $295